How to Regain Youthful Sex Drive
with Natural Hormones
A lot of women are under the impression that menopause marks the beginning of hormonal deficiencies; which is not true. Latest research and clinical data indicates that secretion and metabolism of female reproductive hormones (such as estrogen) begin to decline after the age of 30 years, after which it is mostly a downhill course (1). This gradual decline in the production of female hormones may present with mild symptoms like:
- Decreasing sex drive (or libido)
- Loss of interest in sexual contact
- Poor energy levels
- Weight gain
- Dryness of vagina
- Disturbing and recurring episodes of migraine headaches
- Sleep disturbances
Hormones are powerful chemical messengers that are capable of controlling metabolic, reproductive,sexual, digestive and immune functions of the body. Fortunately or unfortunately, most bodily hormones function in a state of harmony to potentiate or negate the effect of each other. In other words, moderate changes in the secretion of one hormone can directly affect the serum level of other hormones and can lead to a state of systemic dysfunction and loss of youthful sex drive.
How to maintain your physical and sexual health while aging?
It is imperative to understand that hormonal balance is the key to a healthy and functional life. This can be achieved by proper identification and replacement of vital hormones to restore the natural harmony. Although, there are a number of synthetic formulations (that are widely available commercially), but investigators believe that natural (or bioidentical hormones) are superior in efficacy because:
- Natural hormones are derived from organic sources (such as plants like wild yam or soybeans) and are then modified in the laboratory to make them mirror identical in structure to the hormones produced by the human body (2).
- Due to similarities in the structural and molecular composition as well as metabolic characteristics, the risk of side effects, systemic damage and hormonal imbalance is very low.
- Age related circulatory changes are a common cause of decreasing libido. Most conventional hormonal therapies tend to increase the serum levels of LDL (bad quality lipids) that significantly aggravates the risk of atherosclerosis, deep venous thrombosis, cardiovascular dysfunction and other ailments; thereby affecting energy levels and stamina. Natural hormones on the other hand optimizes the functioning of major systems like endogenous hormones and build stamina, energy and normal sex drive due to effective circulation.
- Natural hormones maintain steady metabolism and thus normal body weight. Most females on bioidentical hormones feel energetic, attractive and sexually vibrant due to natural effects of estrogen and progesterone.
- Do not let the physiological process of aging to affect your sex life. Speak to your doctor to learn more about the therapeutic efficacy and potential benefits of natural hormones in regaining your youthful charm and sex drive.