7 Simple Ways for Getting Rid of Belly Fat
The dreaded belly fat.
The abdominal muscle covers your entire midsection and connects to the pelvis. You may have a pad of excess, unattractive flesh covering the muscle. This is known as BELLY FAT and always seems the last fat to go when you are trying to slim down.
Some folk tries to differentiate between upper and lower belly fat, but belly fat is belly fat and is unsightly and unhealthy.
What makes belly fat so dangerous?
Excessive belly fat can damage your health and be detrimental to your self-confidence and self-image. Apart from being unattractive, carrying too much belly fat puts you in danger of developing high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes, heart disease, stroke, and perhaps even dementia.
Belly fat is known as visceral fat, which is different from normal subcutaneous (under the skin) fat. Visceral fat is made up of large fat cells which get even bigger with time. They pack around the body organs, and can impact negatively on how they function, especially the liver.
And therein lies the danger – as the liver struggles to process all the extra fats in the system! Unable to function properly, this can result in an increase in “bad cholesterol” LDH levels, hardened arteries, and even chronic inflammatory issues.
Is there something I can do to combat this belly fat?
A small amount of belly fat as it is necessary to cushion our organs in case of bumps and thumps! But if your belly fat is more than just a cushion, it is time to take action.
Getting rid of belly fat is not as difficult as you may think. With the right attitude and the right plan – you WILL be able to lose this unattractive visceral fat.
Here are some simple ways to help deal with the problem.
- Get your stress levels as low as possible. If you are prone to high-stress levels, it can cause a spike in blood sugar, and you may want to load up on sugary, sweet items. It becomes a vicious circle, so dump the stress!
- Get more exercise. Walk, run, gym, or whatever your passion is. Committing to a daily exercise program will help to reduce the size of your tummy.
- Stop eating sugar and other refined foods. Refined foods such as rolls, cakes, bread, sweets, are all acid-forming. The extra acid is deposited in your fat cells as solid fat.
- Forget about milk – go for low-fat yogurt! Yogurt is healthier for you than ordinary milk and is high in calcium. Studies have shown that extra calcium helps the burn fat quicker.
- Cut down drastically eating saturated fats. Saturated fats are the fat found in fatty red meats, bacon, sausages, cheese, processed meats, whole milk, sweets, and chocolates. Opt for lean, fat-trimmed cuts of beef, skinless chicken, turkey, and fish such as salmon, trout, tuna and hake which are rich in omega 3.
- Eat some healthy fats because research has shown that it takes good fat to help the body burn bad fat. Some foods containing healthy fats include avocado, olives, walnuts and fatty fish. These foods also contain the essential fatty acids omega 3 and 6 which aid in the burning off of bad fats.
- Drink less alcohol. Most alcoholic beverages are very high in calories and sugar which leads to fat gain. To lose fat, practice drinking in moderation, and watch your serving sizes. Dry white wine or gin and tonic have a lower calorie and sugar content than others.
Good for many things!
An attractive, slim midsection is good for many things. You will once again be able to fit into some of your favorite clothes that have fallen by the wayside, fasten those jeans without ripping the zip, and wear your swimsuit with renewed confidence when you visit the beach!
But the most significant benefit will be the dramatic improvement in your health and general well-being when you have shed the extra baggage.
Getting rid of belly fat is not all that difficult, but it does require discipline and some permanent lifestyle changes.
Stick to these guidelines and spend more of every day burning fat rather than storing it, and you will get rid of that belly fat forever!
Live well because you can.
If you are looking for a healthy way to lose weight, the Clean Start Weight Loss program is a medically designed and supervised program which helps to eliminate fat deposits, especially around the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, neck, and face.
It has worked for hundreds of clients – and it can work for you!
For more information, contact us at www.renewmetoday.com to see if you are a candidate for the Clean Start program, and find out the location of your closest Renew office.