This service is offered at these locations:
This service is offered at these locations:
The First Dual FDA-Cleared Microneedling Device
The Candela Exceed™ medical microneedling device is the first dual-indicated, FDA-cleared medical microneedling system for the treatment of both facial wrinkles and facial acne scar reduction. Exceed is the latest technology that’s quickly replacing dermal rollers and other anti-aging methods on the market, including other microneedling pens. Powered by ultrasonic technology, this is a whole new dimension in skin rejuvenation.
What is Exceed Microneedling?
Our goal is to MINIMIZE EPIDERMAL TRAUMA. By using 6 of the sharpest medical
grade surgical stainless needles we reduce surface tension. Other devices use more needles which actually push the skin down before they penetrate through. This means that you are creating micro-tears through the stratum corneum (upper layer of the epidermis) causing unnecessary trauma leading to increased post-treatment downtime. We are the only company in microneedling that creates a “medical-grade wound” based on materials used, production methods, and quality control standards.
Exceed is a state of the art treatment with the following benefits:
- The ONLY FDA cleared device for facial wrinkles. Exceed is the only MEDICAL GRADE device manufactured by a global leader of microneedling and micropigmentation in Berlin, Germany guaranteeing the highest quality engineering for professional use.
- Flexible Needle Plate: This feature allows the needles to release easier from the skin following penetration. As the handpiece moves laterally during treatment, the needles need to adjust in order to minimize epidermal trauma. All other devices have a FIXED up and down motion that inherently causes scratching(tracking) and more drag felt during treatment by the provider.
- Micro-Depth Adjustments: The EXCEED provides the most flexibility in settings and ensures overtreatment doesn’t occur. You can adjust the depth of penetration by 0.1mm intervals making sure you only go as deep as you need to. Most other pens have at most 8 depth settings while the EXCEED offers 19 options for depth.
- Ultra-Low Vibration: The smooth drive in the EXCEED allows for very quiet operation and ultra comfort for the technician. You can finally let your client relax during treatment.
- Eleven Speed Settings: This allows for adjustments to be made based on your choice of depth. Most competition has up to 3 speeds.
- Method of Production: We have two ISO certifications for quality manufacturing of our device, and our needle cartridges are assembled in a sterile, clean room. (Show manufacturing video)
- Treatment Glide: NEOcomplex Glide Serum is a blend of ingredients specifically designed to calm and soothe while providing great “slip” for smooth and fluid device movement. (See NEOcomplex Glide Serum Sheet)
Am I a Candidate?
You may be a candidate for Exceed Microneedling if you struggle with wrinkles or acne. Your providers will work with you to determine if Exceed is the best treatment for you.
What is a Typical Treatment Like?
Exceed microneedling has eleven different speed settings (100 – 150Hz). We administer scar revision and skin rejuvenation treatments differently. These speeds allow us to customize the treatment as much as possible for different types of tissues (scar, burn, sun damage, etc). EXCEED is the only device to utilize a dual-layer membrane in the cartridge to make sure no substances are drawn back into the handpiece. Our membrane is the ONLY one proven to guarantee a 0% chance of cross-contamination.
During treatment, we recommend the NEOcomplex Glide Serum. This is a pure 10% non-cross-linked hyaluronic acid with vitamin C & E, copper peptides for wound healing, and proline and lysine to help the newly formed collagen fibrils lay in a more natural horizontal lattice. With ablative fractional laser treatments, they actually vaporize a column of tissue. When that column re-heals the collagen can form in a vertical lattice which is not natural. This is a small point but earns some credibility. It comes individually packed in a glass dropper bottle.
The deepest we will ever go into the skin is 2mm, and even 2mm is too far. You’ll rarely go over 1.5mm as EXCEED’s needles penetrate to a more accurate depth than the “pens” on the market. Most common pens, due to their lack of quality manufacturing, are grossly inaccurate. We can achieve the same wound at a 1mm setting as the “pens” can achieve at a 2mm setting.
What Results Will I See?*
Patients can expect to see a notable improvement in their wrinkles or acne.
Is There Any Downtime?*
You may experience minimal downtime after your procedure. The average is 24-48 hours of a pink look. If you get more aggressive treatment, then downtime can be longer. Immediately following your treatment, your skin will be bright red like a sunburn, and the people will feel a little warmth and tightness. Over the next couple of days, the skin can feel itchy. Our medical staff will make recommendations for aftercare moisturizer designed for calming redness and soothing the skin. We can usually find one in our current skincare lines.