The human body has 2 layers of fat. The layer just under the skin is known as subcutaneous fat, while the deeper layer inside the abdomen is called visceral fat. A certain amount of visceral fat is needed to cushion the internal organs against damage from injuries, accidents, and bumps – but too much of it settles around your middle and is called belly fat.1
About belly fat, or visceral fat
Belly fat is the most dangerous kind of fat because it can wrap around major organs like the liver, kidneys, and pancreas. Everyone has belly fat, but the problems only arise when it is in excess. It is the most dangerous kind of fat because it can grow bigger with time, wrap around major organs like the kidneys, and raise the risk of certain serious health issues.2
Visceral fat consists of large fat cells which lie deep in the belly and are stored and packed firmly in the open spaces between your organs. The more visceral fat there is, the more pressure is put on the organs, impacting negatively their proper function.
There are many causes of belly fat, but most of them are related to excessive eating of unhealthy foods, poor lifestyle habits, and a lack of exercise.
While anyone can have a little too much visceral fat, you are more likely to have plenty of it if you are overweight in other areas as well as the belly.
If you go on a diet to shed extra weight, it will benefit your entire body, including the belly fat around your middle. In other words, to reduce the belly fat, you will have to cut down on your total body fat.
Belly fat is the most difficult kind of fat to get rid of, and as you slim down, it will stubbornly be the last to go.
Getting rid of belly fat
Truth is, making some positive lifestyle changes and following a healthy eating plan, will be the ideal way to get rid of belly fat, as will regular exercise.3
- Cutting out foods made from refined flour and sugar, as well as adjusting your portion sizes, will generally help to get rid of all body fat, and the belly fat hanging on for dear life will also begin to reduce.
- Handle stress that can make you eat comfort foods full of fat and sugar, which is known to boost belly fat. Stress can also make you sleepless, and exercise less, which can potentially add to the belly fat.
- Make a healthy diet a permanent part of your life.
There is no magic potion that will get rid of the visceral fat lying deep in your abdomen, only hard work, discipline, and a positive mindset, can lead to success.
About subcutaneous fat
Subcutaneous fat is stored directly under the skin and is easily identifiable. This type of fat is of concern to people who care about their appearance, as subcutaneous fat is wobbly, dimpled, and unsightly.
Everybody has subcutaneous fat cells, but the number of fat cells in the body is determined by your genes, and may be situated under the chin, on the thighs, around the hips, or perhaps the upper arms.4 Extra fat will go straight to your fat cells result in unattractive looking storage areas.
When subcutaneous cells are small, due to a small amount of fat storage, they release a chemical into the body called adiponectin, which promotes a process known as fat-burning. The more adiponectin that is released, the more burning of fat takes place, and the less fat is stored in your fat cells, keeping them small – supporting your weight loss efforts.5
Adiponectin is a hormone which helps to pump up metabolism, burn more fat for energy to keep you going all day.6
Losing subcutaneous fat
Subcutaneous fat which builds up under the skin in your fat cells is less of a health danger than visceral fat. Fortunately, this type of fat is easier to get rid of that visceral fat and responds to exercise and diet.7, 8
Here are some ways to lose subcutaneous fat:
- Aerobic exercises, or cardio, is an excellent way to reduce fat deposits under the skin. Any form of cardio is beneficial, as long there is movement of the limbs. This can include running, brisk walking, and swimming. Aerobic exercises will help to burn fat, but will be more effective if you exercise regularly, and not just every couple of days, or when you feel like it.
- To effectively lose weight, exercise should be combined with eating less, and by following a healthy diet.
- The best plan is to drastically reduce your consumption of refined and processed foods and fatty meats, and opt for nutritious foods, especially those such as dairy products, eggs, nuts, berries and green tea, which are proven fat burners.
- Always eat breakfast to get your metabolism up and running for the day.
- Keep the portions small of whatever you eat. It is essential for you to take in fewer calories daily than you are expending in the same time span, or losing fat and weight will not be the success you hope it will be.
Effective portion control will enormously help you to get rid of unwanted fat and the wobbles and jelly-look that goes with it.
When you are accustomed to eating less, you will be able to make it a permanent lifestyle habit, and keep the fat off!
We can help
If you are concerned about dangerous belly fat, or even the unsightly subcutaneous fat wobbling under the skin, and in spite of all your efforts, you are not losing any weight – we can help.
If you are looking for a healthy, successful way to lose weight and fat, The Clean Start Weight Loss Program is a medically designed and supervised program specially designed to eliminate the body’s fat deposits.
The program particularly targets the abdomen, buttocks, upper thighs, neck, and face – and will help you realize your weight loss goals.
For more information on the Clean Start Weight Loss Program visit us at: www.renewmetoday.com to find out if you are a candidate for our weight loss program, and see how we can help you.