How to Get Your Body Back After Pregnancy
Pregnancy and childbirth is an exciting time for any woman, but when the baby is born, and you are at home slowly getting into the swing of things with a newborn in the house, the initial excitement and joy may begin to wear off somewhat as you settle down into a new routine.
But now, when you open your wardrobe, like so many other post-birth women, you are suddenly faced with the spectra of clothes that no longer fit you.
Your “preggie” clothes are too big and baggy, and most of the clothes you wore before falling pregnant do not fit. Deciding what to wear suddenly becomes an alarming task as you search for something suitable to clothe your new-look body!
Coping with a new body type
The body you had before falling pregnant is not the body you now have after childbirth. If you started your pregnancy at a normal weight, put on a few pounds while pregnant, it shouldn’t take you very long to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight. (1)
However, if you were already overweight when falling pregnant, then it will take much longer to lose the weight gained. And it is worth bearing in mind that baby weight you do not lose, could stick with you for a lifetime. The good news is that with commitment, there is every chance that you will eventually lose your baby weight. It could just take a bit longer than you anticipated. (2)
In the meantime, while waiting for the weight to disappear, you need to decide how to appropriately dress yourself, so you at least look decent when out and about. To make a good decision in this regard, you need to consider your present body type. (3)
The answer lies in adapting to your new body shape. (4)
- Learn how to deal with a bigger stomach and chest. Abdominal muscles which were always firm and flat, are now loose and stretched, giving you a larger tummy than before. If you are breastfeeding, that particular chest area will also be much bigger than you are used to. A good way to cope with these new body expansions is to consider wearing longer shirts and jackets that do not button up tightly and do not cling to your body like a second skin. This will give you a slimmer look!
- If your hips have grown to new dimensions, wear pants that fit you well and which are not too low in the waist, or attention will be drawn to the very area you want to tone down. Opt for plain, unadorned pants or jeans without baggy pockets.
- As a contingency plan, buy some basic items immediately such as jeans or skirts that fit you right now. It is also a good idea to purchase some flattering shirts or tops that have a little extra space in the stomach and chest area.
- Don’t try and squash into old jeans and tops that no longer fit. When you can’t pull up the zip or button the shirt, you will only get discouraged. Be patient, wait a while until you are firmly on the road to shedding the excess fat and weight.
The weight loss process takes time! (5)
There are natural ways that you can help speed up the process of losing weight. The key to this is to embrace a regular exercise schedule and to embark on a healthy eating plan.
Some tips for healthy eating.
- Choose foods that high in nutrients and low in fats, such as fruit, veggies, lean meat, skinless chicken, and legumes which are rich in vegetable protein, as well as natural fiber to keep the colon clean.
- Opt for milk, cheese, and yogurt, to keep your calcium levels up and your bones strong.
- Make your portions smaller as too much of anything, even healthy stuff, will not help you to lose weight.
- Avoid refined foods made from sugar or refined flour, such as sweets, chocolates, rolls, cakes, cookies, These foods are the kiss of death to any weight loss plan.
- Drink plenty of water, especially if you are breastfeeding, and cut out any fizzy drinks. Most of them contain a fair amount of sugar, even if the label says they are sugar-free.
Something to bear in mind is that breastfeeding alone will not help you to lose weight, this is an erroneous idea that some folk have taken as gospel. Breastfeeding may help you lose weight, but only if combined with a healthy eating plan. (6)
In fact, if you are breastfeeding, you need to take extra care to ensure that your body is getting the nutrients it needs. (7)
With perseverance, a positive attitude and a good measure of inspiration, you may yet, in due time, can fit into your pre-pregnancy clothes.
How we can help you!
If you are looking for a healthy way to lose weight, look no further than The Clean Start Weight Loss Program. This innovative program is medically designed and supervised, which will enable you to safely burn off unwanted fat, control your appetite, and help you to stop craving unhealthy foods.
Specially targeted areas include eliminating fat deposits from the abdomen, hip area, thighs, face and neck. On this program, you will create a new normal weight, decrease your appetite, and reset your metabolism to an optimum operating level.
You will realize your weight loss goals through fat burning and healthy eating.
For more information visit www.renewmetoday.com to take the weight loss test, and see if you are a candidate for the Clean Start Program.