Reduce Belly Fat, and Save Your Body and Mind at The Same Time
What is belly fat?
The stomach muscle covers the whole midsection of the body and connects to the pelvis. You may have a pad of excess fat covering the muscle. This is known as belly fat and is not always easy to get rid of. Visceral fat, or belly fat, extends deep into your abdomen and is close to your internal organs, like the heart, stomach, and liver.
Visceral fat is made up large fat cells which can grow bigger with time. These fat cells pack into the spaces between the organs and have a negative effect on how they function. This can have a serious effect on your health. (1)
It is not only fat people who have belly fat, there are factors which show that thin people get it as well. Basically, though, we all need some belly fat to cushion our organs in case of a bump or fall. It is only when it is alarmingly expanded that we need to take action!
The dangers of belly fat.
All fat is not equal. Most of the fat of your body lies just below the skin and is known as subcutaneous fat. Belly fat is called visceral fat, because it packs around the viscera, another name for the internal organs, and can cause serious damage to your organs.
Researchers at the Ohio State University Hospital revealed that visceral fat is just not there in an inactive state. It, in fact, produces toxins, among which are chemicals called cytokines (2), which increase your risk of heart disease. The cytokines also make the system less sensitive to insulin, which could lead to the development of diabetes.
Studies at the Massachusetts General Hospital reported that visceral, or belly fat, is one of five components of a metabolic syndrome which increases the risk of the following conditions: (3)
- Stroke and heart disease.
- Brain problems such as depression and dementia.
- High blood pressure and possible hardening of the arteries.
- Promotes the development of triglycerides and LDL (bad) cholesterol in the blood.
- Leads to poor blood sugar control which can lead to diabetes.
- Causes inflammation in the body which increases the chances of falling prey to diseases.
- The inflammation may also aggravate arthritis, and lead to other bone problems.
Researchers who analyzed data supplied by US National Heart and Nutrition surveys revealed that there was a 10% rise of increased belly fat in the overall study population, over a specific period of time. High blood sugar rates also rose by 7% over the same time period, providing undisputed proof that visceral fat is extremely dangerous to your general state of health. (4)
A study conducted at the Radiological Society of North America also found that in addition to the other risks, too much visceral fat may have a detrimental effect on bone health. This is mainly due to the inflammatory dangers of visceral fat.
The simple way to help reduce belly fat. (5)
- Get your stress levels as low as possible. Stress may lead to a spike in blood sugar, which promotes insulin resistance.
- Get more exercise. Exercise is crucial to help combat belly fat, so commit to regular exercise to reduce the size of your midriff.
- Cut out refined, acidic foods. The extra acid in your system which cannot be metabolized will be deposited in your fat cells.
- Cut down eating saturated fats which are found in fatty red meats, bacon sausages, processed meats, and cheeses. Opt for lean cuts of meat, skinless chicken, and fish such as salmon, trout, tuna and hake which are rich in omega 3.
- Eat some good fats, because research has shown that not all fats are bad, and by adding some good fats to your diet, helps the body burn bad fat. Some foods containing healthy fats include avocado, olives, walnuts, and fatty fish.
- Drink less alcohol which is high in calories and sugar, and leads to fat gain, often apparent in the middle and waist area.
Banishing belly fat will be good for many things.
Excessive, unsightly belly fat may also have a detrimental effect on your self-confidence, and as well as your self-esteem. (6) Looking good again can help rebuild positive feelings about yourself. But the most important benefit will be the restoration of good health, and a major improvement in your general feeling of well-being.
Getting rid of belly fat may be tough. It requires discipline and permanent lifestyle changes, such as a healthy diet and a commitment to regular exercise.
But it can be done, and if you follow helpful guidelines, and spend more of each day actively burning fat instead of storing it, you will succeed in banishing belly fat forever.
Live well because you can
If you are looking for a healthy way to lose weight, the Clean Start Weight Loss program is a medically designed and supervised program which helps to eliminate fat deposits, especially around the abdomen, buttocks, thighs, neck, and face.
It has worked for hundreds of clients – and it can work for you!
For more information, contact us at www.renewmetoday.com to see if you are a candidate for the Clean Start program, and find out the location of your closest Renew office.